sk-private investigator

Monday 16 July 2012



I never knew my dad. My mom said that he was a married man when she met him. She worked as his secretary for four months and they got along well. At an office party however, something happened between them which was bad judgment on both their parts. When she found out that she was pregnant, she resigned from work but never told my dad the real reason. She said that she didn’t want to cause his family heartbreak. She moved to a different city and found work there as a secretary once more. As a single parent, my mom had to both the mother and the father of our family. She gave everything she could for me, leaving which only little for herself. Sure, she dated once in a while, but they (her dates) never went past the third date. Now that I have a job of my own, I realized that looking for my mom’s true love, and my dad, may be a good reason why have to look for a private detective. I know my mom doesn’t mention my dad anymore and that she’s happy with me, I have a feeling that she still hasn’t completely gotten over my father.

Giddy with excitement on what my father looks like (he must be really good-looking if mom still hasn’t married any of her debonair dates) and how he’s like. My mom’s really patient but I’m hot-headed, so maybe I got that from my dad. Since I have a good-paying job, I can afford the services of a private detective. I kept my plan secret from my mom. Knowing her all too well, she’d probably try to stop me by saying that my dad already has a family even before they met and all that. Before, I had no idea why adopted kids wanted to find out who their biological parents are and their persistence on why have to look for a private detective to track down their parents’ whereabouts. Aren’t they happy with their families? Now that I’m older, I realized that it was a feeling of wanting to find out more about your roots. Sometimes, these kids just want to simply find out the names of their folks but have no intention of letting these adults claim them for their own. After all, they (the parents) already gave up their parental rights when they gave up their kids for adoption.

So, I went online and looked up a reputable private investigation agency to take on my case. I read some of the testimonials of satisfied customers and decided to set an appointment with them. Before my meeting with them, I went on a surprise visit to my mom. When she went to the kitchen to cook some dinner, I quickly went to her room to check if she had a picture of dad. She did not. So I went to my appointment knowing only the first name of my dad and the name of the company where he and mom worked together. Now, you might ask why have to look for a privatedetective when I can simply make a quick Internet research. I wanted a professional to handle the case. What if my dad has several mistresses or several illegitimate children? Can the Internet tell me that? After the meeting, I paid a deposit fee and the private detective promised to give me updates on whatever he finds. Four months have passed since that appointment date. Tomorrow, I’ll be having dinner with my dad. If everything goes well, maybe I’ll take him with me to see mom—their first meeting after 27 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.