sk-private investigator

Sunday 26 August 2012


In a new private detective article, Singapore is described as “the land of cheating spouses”. 
 
Last night I was surfing the internet, as I often do, with the only purpose to kill some time before going to sleep; while scrolling randomly my Facebook friend’s posts, my attention was caught by a link submitted by one of my friend from the years I spent in the international business school of Singapore. In the link title there was mentioned the word “private detective” and this was enough for me to follow the curiosity and click on it; the page loaded and I found this web log about marriages and divorces. 
According to this private detective article, Singapore is dealing with a big raising of cheating spouses cases; this fact was pointed out quite clearly by the transcription of the interview of a long term experienced private investigator who assured that such cases were reaching their peak in the last few years. 

Now, the detective said, more than half of the total amount of job of his agency was represented by the requests of wives and husbands who suspect that their spouse is cheating on them and ask to a detective to discover if this is really the truth or just one moment of jealousy. 
 
The article was becoming more and more interesting when it came to describe the kind of activities that investigators can perform in order to uncover the cheating spouse. 
I can say that I consider myself a big fan of spy stories and all this kind of investigative fiction; but seeing that sometimes reality is more creative than every script writer is another thing. You may think that I’m just exaggerating a bit but ,if you don’t trust me, just try to do the same I did: open any search engine and type simple words like, for example, private detective article Singapore, you will have lots of examples that will prove that what I’m saying corresponds to the truth. 

Trust me: the daily job of a private detective is just amazing! 
They use such high tech tools that you will really think that they were inspired by some 007 movie. They use camouflages, disguises and under cover skills like if they were real actors from Hollywood: in order to infiltrate in an office to spy your husband they might be able to apply for a tech assistant position, sabotage the air conditioning of the building just to be called for the reparation and get the chance to catch some information. 
 
But, actually, my favorite part of their job is when they are called to tail someone using the GPS technology. First they have to place some GPS transmitting antenna on the body of the secret target and this is not always as simple as drinking a glass of water. Sometimes they just ask the wife to help them in some simple way like, for example, placing a small invisible antenna into the battery van of her husband mobile phone; not a difficult task to perform for somebody who daily lives with him: it’s enough to wait for him to fall asleep and the job is done. 

But sometimes it’s just not so simple and the detective has to use way more imagination and intelligence to get the chance, for example, to find the target’s shoes abandoned in the gym’s dressing room while he is busy with trainings. 
When I finished to read this private detective article,Singapore began to appear to my eyes as a complete different country from what I was imagining up to that moment: maybe I was just ignorant, but I used to think that only Japan or maybe Korea were so technologically advanced to afford these kind of detective tools